Blogs > Lighten Up with Michael Kadlub 2012

40-year-old Michael Kadlub of Wickliffe is back for a second year of Lighten Up. Last year's champion will be trying out P90X2 in his battle to lose 60 pounds.

Friday, April 27, 2012

San Francisco, definitely not the weight loss treat

I was in San Francisco for the last 8 days for a work conference.   The food and beverages were plnetiful and so was appetite, not a good good combination for this weight loss journey.

 

4-21-12

Arrived in San Francisco yesterday.  This is going to be another rough week being out of my element and out of town, especially with all the delicious food that will be served at my work conference.

 

Whenever I am out of town, I attempt to seek out the restaurants that have been featured on the Food Network.   Tonight's find was The Wayfare Tavern, a Tyler Florence owned restaurant.  I had his delicious popovers, the recipe in which he had gotten from BL Steak in New York.   I also had his delicious Fried Chicken and mashed potatoes.

 

4-22-12

Walked across and back on the Golden Gate bridge today, 3.4 mile trip. I had lunch at the Cliff House which sits atop a cliff and overlooks the Pacific Ocean.  In addition, I got in another Food Network place for dinner with a nice hearty dinner at the state's oldest restaurant, Tadich Grill.

 

4-23-12

Took a tour of Alcatraz today.   What a fascinating place.  The cells wereso small and the island was freezing even though it was a nice day out.  The breeze coming off the bay had to put a chill in the prisoners.

I had dinner at Alioto's on Fisherman's Wharf.

 

4-24-12

So I got on the scale in the exercise room here at the hotel and noticed a 12 lb gain since last weigh in.    This month of being out of town 20 days has taken its toll.   I decided to start walking the stairs to my room on the 6th floor for the remainder fo the visit here.   Walking down is a breeze, but the walk up a few times a days is definitely a great workout for the legs.

 

4-26-12

So glad to be heading home and back to my routine and the Y.   Flying home on the red eye to New York, and then NY to Cleveland, so hopefully I can sleep on the plane and be productive tomorrow.

 

 

 

4-27-12

Got on my scale, and Oh Boy!, I am about 15 lbs over last month's weigh in, almost back to my startin weight this year. Therefore,  I am going to show a gain in weight for the first time in 7 weigh ins, going back to last year.  I am not worried though, because I am feeling great and still doing my push ups every day.   I am guessing this weight will come off very quickly once I am back in my routine.  Looking ahead for the next three month, it looks like I have only one week of extended travel.   I will be starting the P90X2 routine on Monday which should last right up until the final weigh in.  Football games are won in the second half.  I had a very filling halftime with my out of town travels to fuel me for the second half (last three months).  Time to turn it up an extra notch and finish strong.

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home