Blogs > Lighten Up with Michael Kadlub 2012

40-year-old Michael Kadlub of Wickliffe is back for a second year of Lighten Up. Last year's champion will be trying out P90X2 in his battle to lose 60 pounds.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Back for Round 2

Last year I posted a goal to lose 100lbs from where I had started at 308.   I ended up losing 60 during the contest, and had lost about 5 more after the contest until I injured my back doing some routines during my Insanity workouts.   Lack of exercise and poor nutrition while I was hurt led to some weight gain which I tipped the scales at 266 for the first weigh in for this year’s journey.   My goal continues to be 100 total pounds lost from where I started, which would mean about 10 lbs per month during the contest.   I know I have what it takes to do it, and then maintain that once the contest is over.

 

I chatted with several of the other contestants on Saturday and they all seemed very motivated to lose weight and feel better.  I have set a challenge to ourselves to lose more than the 402 lbs the contestants lost as a group last year.  I know we can do it.

 

My exercise routine for these six months will consist of 2 rounds of P90X2, basketball, racquetball, swimming, biking, hiking, golf, and softball.

 

My nutrition plan will consist mainly of 5-6 meals a day with 300-500 calories per meal.   One other measure I am taking this year is cutting out beer totally.   That has been one of my downfalls in the past.  I actually started my beer ban at the start of January, and I am not really missing it.

 

Good luck to everybody!

 

 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Cynthia Frary said...

Your plan sounds great:) I know that you are very motivational! Thank for the input.

February 3, 2012 at 6:28 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home